Connected, smart lighting control systems in your custom home, such as the Caséta® wireless system from Lutron offer convenience, energy savings, and peace of mind. With one of these systems, you will never come home to a dark house again.
Through an app on your smart phone or tablet, your Apple Watch, a remote control, or even a voice-activated assistant like Amazon’s Alexa or Apple’s Siri, you can operate lights, window shades, temperature, music systems and more. You can also configure a plethora of scenes or settings to activate automatically or at a single touch.
For example, you could program:
- Lights to automatically come on at dusk, which adjusts seasonally as the daylight changes.
- Multiple light settings so your dinner parties, book club nights, and movie nights always have just the right lighting to enhance the mood.
- Lights to randomly turn on and off while you’re away to make it appear as though someone is home.
- Shades and lights to automatically adjust at set times of the day. Outdoor lights can come on at sunset and go off at dawn. Shades can go up and down to let in the daylight or block the heat, then close for privacy at the end of the day.
- Lights to come on and off based on your location so they automatically turn off as you go out the door and turn on as you pull into the driveway. You can even get an alert if you leave home and forget to turn off the lights.
Making Your Life Easier
Programmed light settings or scenes make life convenient in all areas of your home:
In the bedroom:
- Turn lights off without having to get out from under the covers.
- Hate to wake up to an alarm? Slightly raise the shades automatically to let in morning light to gently awaken you.
In the living room:
- Automatically dim the lights and lower the shades without getting off the couch when it’s time to watch your favorite movie.
In the entryway:
- Turn on lights from your car as you approach.
- Expecting company? Light the front of your home to make guests feel welcome.
In the kitchen:
- Conveniently brighten the lights when it’s time to make dinner, then dim them to save energy while making it easy to return for a snack
In your child’s bedroom:
- Dim the lights for sleeping while keeping it bright enough to chase away the boogeyman.
Integrate with Other Systems
You can program smart lighting control systems in conjunction with other connected home solutions for even greater convenience. For example:
- Security cameras – Selected lights come on if your outdoor camera detects motion.
- Smoke and CO alarms – Shades raise and lights come on to light your way out of the house to safety.
- Thermostats – Use the app to monitor the inside temperature of your home and remotely adjust the heating or air conditioning for comfort when you arrive.
- Audio systems – Incorporate music or sound into your programmed lighting settings to create the perfect mood.
- Window shades – Automatically raise and lower shades at certain times of day or program them to coordinate with lighting settings
- Ceiling fans – Turn fans on or off remotely to enhance your HVAC settings for energy savings.
Don’t want multiple apps on your devices to control all your smart things? Products from Control4 and Savant can control all your smart systems from one app. Both companies are respected in the industry. Our team has installed apps for both and can make it easier to operate your smart home products.
Different systems operate with different components. Talk to us about your goals for a smart, connected home and we can help create the best system in your custom home for your lifestyle.